House and Senate leadership released calendars for the first session of the 115th Congress in 2017. Both chambers will be in session for a total of 139 days. The Senate is schedule to be in session for an additional 50 days for a total of 189 days in session and the House is schedule to be in session for an additional six days for a total of 145 days in session.
The chambers will recess the third full week of February, the second and third weeks of April, the first week of July, the entire month of August, the third full week of November, and the last two weeks of December. See the calendar from CQ Roll Call below for a visual representation.
Our Advocacy Mission:
National American Indian Housing Council, represents the unique and historic interests of tribes and tribally designated housing entities on American Indian and Alaska Native housing issues.
- To maintain relationships with Members of Congress and their staff.
- To maintain a relationship with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- To provide advocacy to tribes and tribally designated housing entities.
- To represent NAIHC before the Congress and the federal government to advocate for legislation and policy favorable to American Indian and Alaska Native housing needs.
How Can You Help?
1. Tell Us Your Story.
You can display your information on our website.
– How has NAIHC contributed to your success?
– Importance of housing in your community (success stories)
– A training or service that helped you with skills for your job.
2. Contact Your Representatives.
3. Visit Washington DC.
We can help you set up your meetings. Let us know when you’re coming to town. We can set up the meeting & provide you the most up-to-date information.
- Legislative Committee Meetings
- Funding Task Force Meetings
- Budget Requests
- Legislative and Regulatory Priorities
Subscribe to our Legislative Committee Emails to receive support documents:
January 5, 2017
February 2, 2017
March 6, 2017