Office of Governmental Affairs
The Office of Governmental Affairs, originally the Coalition for Indian Housing and Development, represents the unique and historic interests of tribes and tribally designated housing entities on American Indian and Alaska Native housing issues.
- Legislative Committee Meetings
- 2017 Congressional Calendar
- 2017 Budget Request
- Legislative and Regulatory Priorities
- To maintain relationships with Members of Congress and their staff.
- To maintain a relationship with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- To provide advocacy to tribes and tribally designated housing entities.
- To represent NAIHC before the Congress and the federal government to advocate for legislation and policy favorable to American Indian and Alaska Native housing needs.
Subscribe to our Legislative Committee Emails to receive support documents:
January 5, 2017
February 2, 2017
March 6, 2017
House and Senate leadership released calendars for the first session of the 115th Congress in 2017. Both chambers will be in session for a total of 139 days. The Senate is schedule to be in session for an additional 50 days for a total of 189 days in session and the House is schedule to be in session for an additional six days for a total of 145 days in session.
The chambers will recess the third full week of February, the second and third weeks of April, the first week of July, the entire month of August, the third full week of November, and the last two weeks of December. See the calendar from CQ Roll Call below for a visual representation.
Assessment of Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian Housing Needs
HUD is currently conducting an Assessment of Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian Housing Needs in response to a Congressional mandate for a study of the housing needs of Native Americans…