AMERIND NAIHC Annual Convention & Tradeshow
Countdown until Annual Convention & Trade Show
AMERIND | NAIHC Annual Convention & Trade Show
San Diego, California
May 30 – June 1, 2018
The AMERIND RISK National American Indian Housing Council’s (NAIHC) Annual Convention included training sessions that provided up-to-date information on issues that impact tribal housing programs and that directly relate to administration of programs under the Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act (NAHASDA). Tribal housing professionals and other tribal housing and community development stakeholders were the primary audience at the Annual Convention.
The 2017 AMERIND | NAIHC Annual Convention and Trade Show was held June 27-29, in Nashville, TN. Attendees enjoyed a successful event and wonderful time in Music City.
Highlights of the event include:
- Line dancing lessons at the Welcome Reception at the Wildhorse Saloon
- The Opening General Session featured a warm welcome from Brandon Stephens of USET; remarks from Norman Hildebrand, NCAI Eastern Area Vice-President; videos from Senators Hoeven and Cortez-Masto; and a rousing keynote address by Chance Rush.
- The Awards Banquet included the NAIHC Presentation of Leadership Institute Certificates and the Professional Indian Housing Managers Certification (PIHM) to Benny Ferreira, San Carlos Housing Authority
- NAIHC presented the 2017 George Nolan Award to Marty Shuravloff
- NAIHC presented the 2017 Virginia Kizer Award Charlene Naef
- Both organizations recognized and honored Jack Sawyers with their highest awards which were accepted by Jack’s son Justin Sawyers.
- AMERIND presented the 2017 Wayne Ducheneaux Awardee to Jack Sawyer and NAIHC presented a 2nd George Nolan Award to Jack Sawyer
NAIHC Executive Director Tony Walters and United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) President Leander McDonald have signed a Memorandum of Agreement that will allow participants receiving training at select NAIHC workshops to also gain Continuing Education Units from the UTTC Office of Extended Learning. This is exciting news that will enhance tribal housing professionals credentials and skillsets. More information will become available as the details are finalized, and UTTC representatives will be on hand at the NAIHC AMERIND Annual Convention and Tradeshow to explain how you can take advantage of this opportunity.
NAIHC Event Planner Contact Information:
For additional Information call 202-789-1754
Thank you to our 2017 partners and sponsors!