2016 Amerind/NAIHC National Conference & Trade Fair2017 Amerind Risk | NAIHC National Conference & Trade show TBA soon.
NAIHC Event Planner Contact Information:
For additional Information call 202-789-1754
- 2016 Annual Conference Highlights
- 2016 Agenda
- 2016 Breakout Presentations
- 2016 NAIHC Golf Tournament Sponsors
- 2016 Event Info and Stats
Thank you for attending and celebrating in the success of our 2016 AMERIND Risk | NAIHC Annual Convention & Tradeshow – “Carving a Strong Future”. The Annual Convention & Tradeshow was prime opportunity to network with other Tribal leaders, Administrators and Business Professionals. We all gained knowledge and new strategies about topics like workplace safety, claims, housing management, human resources, other various safety issues and much more!
Opening General Assembly
Highlights of the Opening included a warm welcome from the Hawaiian community.
The Opening began with a welcome Chant by Kumu Micah Kamohoalii of Hale O Na Kipuupuu and the presentation of the colors by the Royal Guard of the Hawaii Air National Guard. Attendees also heared from Ray Soon, Chief of Staff for Honolulu’s Mayor Caldwell and Jobie M. K. Masagatani, Chairwoman, Hawaiian Homes Commission DHHL.
Invited speakers included: Lourdes Castro Ramirez , Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, HUD;
President Brian Cladoosby, NCAI; Chris Deschene, Director, DOE Office of Indian Energy.
And the Opening culminated with a rousing keynote address by Gary Davis, CEO, NCAIED.
Luau and Awards Ceremony
Everyone enjoyed a wonderful luau buffet and a fantastic trip through the Pacific islands featuring the musicians and dancers of Tihati Productions.
Lifetime Achievement awards were presented by both AMERIND Risk and NAIHC.
- AMERIND presented the 2016 Wayne Ducheneaux Awardee to Bill Nibbelink.
- NAIHC presented the 2016 George Nolan Awardee to Ron Hoffman.
NAIHC presented Leadership Institute Certificates which included:
The big awards went to those individuals completing the Professional Indian Housing Managers Certification (PIHM)
- Tracie Baker –Tenant Accountant, Southern Ute IHA
- Charlotte Roberts– Finance Manager, Red Lake HA
- Sidney Shourds –Maintenance Manager, Salish & Kootenai HA
- Christine Thompson– Deputy Director, Ute Indian HA
- Casey-Diane Thrush– Housing Coordinator, Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe
General Housing Management: 2 awarded
Occupancy Management: 3 awarded
NTCCP: 13 awarded
Below you will find breakout presentations.
NAIHC Golf Tournament Sponsors
- Seneca Housing Authority
- Lower Brule Housing Authority
- Cherokee Nation Housing Authority
- Blackfeet Housing Authority
- Salish Kootenai Housing Authority
- Makah Tribe
- Hoopa Valley Housing Authority
- Pasqua Yaqui Tribe
- Cook Inlet Housing Authority
- Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
- Southern Plains Indian Housing Assn.
- Karuk Tribe Housing Authority
- Nevada/Calif Indian Housing Assn.
- Alaska Association of Housing Authority
- United Native American Housing Assn.
- United Southern & Eastern Tribes
- Seneca Nation Tribal Council
- Sault St. Marie Chippewa Tribe
- Great Lakes Indian Housing Assn.
- Diehl & Co., LLC
- Northwest Indian Housing Assn.
NAIHC Executive Director, Pamala Silas Photo by Kar Markell