LI Program Guidelines
NAIHC’s Leadership Institute (LI) was established in 1999. Since its inception, the LI has served thousands of housing professionals with timely, informative, and relevant courses customized specifically for the Indian housing industry. These courses are taught by knowledgeable instructors who all have experience working directly for tribes or Indian housing authorities.
Specialist Certification: Students may earn certification in a specialized area of management by completing each of the three courses within the tracks.
Students must successfully complete three (3) courses to receive certification within a specific track.
General Management Track
- Indian Housing Management
- Supervisory Management
- Property Maintenance Management or Financing Affordable Housing Development
Financial Management Track
- Basic Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financing Affordable Housing Development or Acquisition Basics
Occupancy Management Track
- Admissions & Occupancy
- Supportive Housing or Pathways Home
- Pathways Home or NAHASDA-LIHTC Compliance for Professional Certification
Development Management Track
- Project Management
- Environmental Compliance
- Acquisition Basics or LIHTC Project Development